Thursday, April 7, 2011

Month of the Civil War

I know that I am late in posting this notification, what with 7 days of April already being spent, but better late than never I suppose.  That would be a phrase that I could also apply to several generals, from both sides, throughout the war.  J.E.B. Stuart at Gettysburg and Buell at Shiloh.  So at least I am in good company. 

Anyway, April 2011 is the 150th Anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War.  In fact, the year 2011 is a whole MONTH of 150th anniversaries, from Fort Sumter to First Manassas and on.  Really though, April 2011 is just the tip of the Civil War Anniversary Iceberg.  We really have 4 whole years of 150th anniversaries to look forward to and I shall endeavor to keep your, my few loyal readers, abreast of the important dates. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment